rush into (something)(redirected from rush it into)
rush into (something)
1. To move with great haste into something or some place. Cold air rushed into the car as I opened the window. The shoppers began rushing into the mall the moment it was opened to take advantage of the Black Friday sales.
2. To cause, compel, or force one to move into something or some place with great haste. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "rush" and "into." Security rushed the president into the building after the first shot smashed into the table. The worker at the station rushed us into the train so that it could depart on time.
3. To act carelessly or recklessly; to undertake something without proper consideration or preparation. I wouldn't rush into any deal like that with him, if I were you—you don't know this guy too well, so who's to say he won't screw you over? Michelle's always been that way, though. She rushes into these things and buys whatever catches her eye, rather than considering what makes the most sense.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
rush someone or something into somethingand rush someone or something in
to lead or carry someone or something into something or some place hurriedly. I rushed her into the hospital emergency room, and everything was soon all right. The nurse rushed in the emergency medical equipment.
rush someone into something
to hurry someone into doing something. We rushed Harry into taking the job. Sally has always hated that dress. Sam rushed her into buying it.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. To enter some place hurriedly or quickly: The firefighters rushed into the burning building.
2. To cause someone to enter some place in a hurry: The teacher rushed the students into the gymnasium so they could play games before lunch.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.