run (something) by (one) again(redirected from run it by them again)
run (something) by (one) again
To explain something to one or inform one about something for a second, third, etc., time. I think that should be fine, but be sure to run it by me again on Monday. OK, run the plan by me again so I know exactly what needs to be done.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
Run that by (me) againand Run that by (me) one more time
sent. Please tell it to me again. I can’t believe my own ears. Can you run that by again, please? What? Run that by one more time, Fred.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
run that by me again
Please repeat what you just said. This colloquialism became popular in the 1960s, when television shows were repeated (“re-run”) and instant replays were developed in sportscasts. It soon came into more general use as a request for a repetition.
The Dictionary of Clichés by Christine Ammer Copyright © 2013 by Christine Ammer
- (one) could use (something)
- (one) never would have guessed
- (one) doesn't give a rip (about something)
- (one) doesn't give a hoot (about something)
- (one) won't hear of (something)
- (one's) heart is set on (something)
- (one) could stand (something)
- all right
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a whole other ball of wax