root(redirected from rooted)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. verb, vulgar slang To have sex with (someone). Primarily heard in Australia, New Zealand. It turns out he had been rooting other women for years.
2. noun, vulgar slang An act or instance of sexual intercourse. Primarily heard in Australia, New Zealand. Tommy and I had a quick root in the supply closet during the Christmas party. I hope no one heard us!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a cigarette or a cigar. That root you’re smoking sure stinks.
2. in. to eat food like a pig. Bart is downstairs rooting now. It won’t take that slob long to eat.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- at the grass roots
- be rooted in (something)
- daisy roots
- determine the root of the problem
- figure out the root of the problem
- find the root of the problem
- get at the root of the problem
- get to the root of (something)
- get to the root of something
- get to the root of the problem
- glued/rooted to the spot
- grass roots
- idleness is the root of all evil
- money is the root of all evil
- put down roots
- put roots down
- root (someone or something) out of (something or some place)
- root (something) in (something)
- root about
- root and branch
- root around
- root around for (something)
- root around in (something)
- root around in (something) for (something)
- root cause
- root for
- root for (someone or something)
- root in
- root of the matter
- root of the matter, the
- root of the problem
- root out
- root out of
- root through (something) (for something)
- root up
- rooted in
- rooted to
- rooted to (something or some place)
- rooted to the spot
- rooting interest
- strike at the root of
- strike at the root of (something)
- take root
- take root, to
- the crux of the matter
- the grass roots
- the love of money is the root of all evil
- the root cause
- the root of the issue
- the root of the matter
- the root of the problem