Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
An employee of a touring band or musician who hauls and sets up their equipment for concerts. The unsung heroes of the tour are the roadies, who make everything run smoothly even in the worst conditions.
1. noun A small, usually two-seat sports car that is roofless or has a convertible top. Why on earth he thought it was sensible to buy a roadster with three small kids at home is beyond me! The only roadster I've ever really wanted is a 1967 Corvette Sting Ray.
2. verb To drive in such a car. I used to love roadstering through the countryside with my grandfather in his old Mercedes.
1. and roadster n. someone who helps rock groups set up for performances. I was a roadster for a while, but I didn’t like it.
2. and roadster in. to help rock groups set up. Let’s go downtown and roadster tonight. The Red Drips are in town.
3. mod. eager to travel; eager to get on the road. I get a little roady when the weather gets warm.