Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
vulgar slang The sexual stimulation of one's anus by another.
1. To create, widen, or smooth out the rim of an opening. I took a chisel and rimmed the hole out to allow more cables to pass through.
2. Of a basketball, to bounce or spin off the rim of a basket without going in. It looked like he might have tied up the game with his three-point shot on the buzzer, but the ball rimmed out at the last second.
3. By extension, to miss a basket, with the ball bouncing or spinning off of the rim. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "rim" and "out." She was wide open to sink an easy three-pointer, but she rimmed it out instead.
4. By extension, to miss a hole in golf, with the ball spinning off the rim of the cup. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "rim" and "out." I thought I would get a birdie on the hole, but I rimmed out on the putt and had to settle for par.
5. vulgar slang To sexually pleasure someone's anus with one's tongue. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "rim" and "out.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.