pay something back/return something with interest(redirected from return something with interest)
return it with interest
To punish or retaliate against someone with an action that is more harmful or negative than what they did originally. After she found out he broke her computer, she returned it with interest by smashing his computer, TV, and video game console
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
pay something back/return something with ˈinterestreact to the harm somebody has done to you by doing something even worse to them: Peter pushed his sister, so she paid him back with interest by kicking him hard.
Interest is the extra money you receive or pay when you lend or borrow money.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- return it with interest
- pay (one) back with interest
- avenge (oneself) against (someone or something)
- stick it to
- stick it to (one)
- stick it to someone
- get revenge against (someone or something)
- get revenge on (someone or something)
- take revenge against (someone or something) for (something)
- take revenge on (someone or something) for (something)