rent from (one)

(redirected from rents from)

rent from (one)

1. To occupy the property of another person or company in return for an amount of money, typically fixed by contract and paid in regular intervals. I'm so tired of renting from greedy landlords and realtors. I've got a family renting from me while I work in Japan for the next year.
2. To obtain the use something that belongs to another person or company in return for an amount of money. We're going to rent bikes from the shop next to our hostel and take them around the city tomorrow. A local artist is renting some studio space from me at the moment.
See also: rent

rent something from someone

to pay someone for the use of something. We rented a small car from one of the rental agencies. They rented a house from a local realtor.
See also: rent
References in periodicals archive ?
"Every single one of us has always assumed that anyone that rents from a sponsor does not acquire any rights under the Martin Act," said Stuart M.
However, in Letter Ruling 9404016, the Service held that rents from a net lease of personal property were not deemed "passive investment income." The IRS determined that the taxpayer's large employee compensation and office rental expenses amounted to substantial costs even though the rental was a net lease.
For example, in Letter Ruling 9404010, the primary tenant of one of two rental properties was a related party and rents from both the related and unrelated parties were not considered to be passive income.
The money, which is allocated in the form of financing enhancements and tax credits, allows 20 percent of the units in a building to be rented to lower income tenants, who are subsidized by the rents from the other 80 percent.
Still, only the sharpest operators will be able to puff up rents from the current residents, who are still litigious after fighting sponsors and lenders for many years.
Many of the above suggestions can be helpful to landlords of commercial premises in the collection of rents from both Office and Store tenants.