reassure (one) of (something)(redirected from reassured me of)
reassure (one) of (something)
To make one feel confident or assured about something; to make a promise or guarantee about something to one. They went to great lengths to reassure me of the security of my job after the completion of the merger. He reassured me of his devotion to our marriage.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
reassure someone of something
to promise or guarantee someone something. Kelly reassured her friend of her support in the election. Please reassure Tom of our continued support.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- (one) could use (something)
- (one) never would have guessed
- (one) doesn't give a rip (about something)
- (one) doesn't give a hoot (about something)
- (one) won't hear of (something)
- (one's) heart is set on (something)
- (one) could stand (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- all right
- a/the feel of (something)