rap on (something)(redirected from rapping on)
rap on (something)
To strike something with one or more quick, light blows, as when getting someone's attention; to knock or tap at something swiftly and lightly. I thought I heard someone rapping on my window in the middle of the night, so I was wide awake with fear until morning! The wind was causing a tree branch to rap on the door in a most unsettling manner.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- a slew of (something)
- (one) could use (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (one) never would have guessed
- (one) doesn't give a rip (about something)
- all right
- (one) doesn't give a hoot (about something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (one) won't hear of (something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows