raise your glass
raise a/(one's) glass (to someone)
To wish someone happiness, success, good fortune, etc., by raising one's drink. I would like everyone to raise their glasses in honor of my father, who is retiring from this company that he helped build from the ground up. Now, please raise your glass to the newly married couple!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
raise your ˈglass (to somebody)hold up your glass and wish somebody happiness, good luck, etc. before you drink: Now, would everybody please raise their glasses and drink a toast to the bride and groom.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- all is well in moderation
- the days of wine and roses
- laugh out (of) the other side of (one's) mouth
- laugh out of the other side of mouth
- laugh out of the other side of one's mouth
- laugh out of the other side of your face/mouth, you'll/to
- laugh out (of) the other side of (one's) face
- laugh out of the other side of face and laugh out of the other ...
- exult over (something)