putz(redirected from putzes)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. noun, slang A stupid, incompetent, or unpleasant person. From Yiddish. Make sure that putz fills in the paperwork on time, or the whole project will come grinding to a halt. How on earth did those putzes in Washington screw this up so badly?
2. noun, vulgar slang The penis. From Yiddish. If he had made decisions with his brain instead of with his putz, maybe his marriage would have survived.
3. verb, slang To engage in aimless recreation or frivolous time-wasting. Used especially in the phrase "putz around." Instead of working on my taxes, I spent most of the afternoon just putzing around the house. We're just going to putz around the city while we wait for our train later on.
1. slang To engage in aimless recreation or frivolous time-wasting; to fool around. I can't believe we spent the whole day just putzing around.
2. slang To play or tinker with something. Hey, don't putz around with the thermostat—it needs to stay at 68 degrees. Grandpa's still putzing around with that old radio, but I doubt he'll get it to work again.
Inf. to fiddle around; to mess around. Stop some time puzzling over her. While I was puzzling over putzing around and get to work. Those guys spend most why she had slapped me, she did it again, of their time just putzing around.
1. n. the penis. (Usually objectionable.) He held his hands over his putz and ran for the bedroom.
2. n. a stupid or obnoxious male; a stupid person. (Usually objectionable.) What a stupid putz!
putz aroundand futz around
in. to waste time; to do something ineffectually. (Putz is probably putz (sense 1).) Get busy and stop putzing around.