put (one's) weight behind (someone or something)(redirected from putting our weight behind)
put (one's) weight behind (someone or something)
To use one's influence or power to support or promote someone or something. The small-town candidate is hoping the state senator puts his weight behind her in the race. If we can get a corporation to put its weight behind our charity campaign, we can raise even more money.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
put/throw your weight behind somethinguse all your influence and power to support something: Several of the country’s leading politicians have thrown their weight behind the campaign.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- put/throw your weight behind something
- throw (one's) weight behind (someone or something)
- throw your weight behind someone
- throw your weight behind something
- be replaced by (someone or something)
- be replaced with (someone or something)
- hit above (one's) weight
- punch above (one's) weight
- punch above your weight
- punch above/below your weight