put the moves on (one)(redirected from put the moves on me)
put the moves on (one)
To make sexual advances on or propositions to someone; to try to have sex with someone. John got a bit too drunk and started putting the moves on me, so I had to leave the party. I think that woman is putting the moves on your husband!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
put the moves on someoneverb
put the moves on someone
tv. to attempt to seduce someone. (With any in the negative.) If somebody doesn’t try to put the moves on her, she thinks she’s a failure.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)