put balls on
put balls on (something)
rude slang To make something more stereotypically masculine—that is, stronger, more aggressive, more dynamic, more risky, etc. The director said they wanted to do a rewrite so he could put some balls on the script. You'll need to put balls on this legislation if you want to have any hope of it getting passed.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
put balls on something
Sl. to make something more masculine or powerful; to give something authority and strength. (Potentially offensive. Use only with discretion.) Come on, sing louder. Put some balls on it. This story is too namby-pamby. Put some balls on it.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- put balls on (something)
- put balls on something
- toxic masculinity
- it ain't over till/until the fat lady sings
- it ain't/it's not over till the fat lady sings
- it isn't over till the fat lady sings
- it isn't over till/until the fat lady sings
- it isn't over until the fat lady sings
- it's not over till/until the fat lady sings