push (someone or something) over(redirected from push me over)
push (someone or something) over
1. To topple someone or something over by exerting force against them or it. The bully came by and pushed Tom over when he wasn't looking. The dog pushed the TV over and broke the screen.
2. To lift someone or something up to and over the edge of something. John pushed me over the fence so I could get into the house through the back door.
3. To raise someone or something up to and over some level. I think that last drink pushed me over the limit, so I'm going to leave my car keys with you for the night. I was so distracted and upset that I ended up pushing the car nearly 80 miles per hour over the speed limit.
push someone or something over (something)
to cause someone or something to move over something. The convict pushed his buddy over the wall and followed after him. He climbed up to the top of the fence and I pushed him over.
push someone or something over
to make someone or something fall over or fall down. When you ran into me, you nearly pushed me over. You nearly pushed over your friend.
1. To cause someone or something to topple by thrusting or shoving: The winning team pushed over the two goalposts. The cat pushed the vase over.
2. To move someone or something over something by exerting upward pressure: They lifted me up on their shoulders and pushed me over the wall.