purge (something) of (something)(redirected from purged money of)
purge (something) of (something)
1. To completely free or clean something of something unwanted. We'll need to purge the machine of the contaminated coolant before we begin operating it. Police have begun purging the streets of protesters.
2. To cleanse something of impure or sinful thoughts or feelings. I recommend you turn to prayer to purge your mind of those evil thoughts. Your obsessive focus on purging your congregation of sin has become a sin unto itself.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
purge someone or something of someone or something
to rid someone or something of someone or something. The medicine is designed to purge the patient of the deadly toxin. We purged the list of the delinquent members.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- a whole different animal
- a whole different ball of wax
- a whole different beast
- (something) to go on
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (do) (you) want to make something of it?
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a casualty of (something)
- a crack at (someone or something)