puke(redirected from puking)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
puke (one's) guts out
To vomit violently and at length. My friends got me so drunk on my 21st birthday that I spent the whole next day puking my guts out.
puke (something) up
To vomit something out of one's stomach. You're going to puke all that candy up if you go on one of those big roller coasters! I was so embarrassed about puking dinner up in front of my date that I never called her again. The cat keeps puking up mouse corpses all over the house.
1. rude slang One's mouth. Often used in rude or aggressive ways. "Puke" is a slang term for vomit. Shut your puke hole, Bobby—no one asked for your opinion! Maybe if you didn't stuff so much fast food in your puke hole all the time, you'd actually have a chance at losing weight!
2. rude slang Any place that is disgusting, poor-quality, unhygienic, etc. I've got to get out of this puke hole! Maybe I'll go stay with my brother in New Orleans or something. My first apartment was a real puke hole in a rough part of town. The stuff they serve in this puke hole can barely even be called food.
A case of vomiting or intense nausea. I always get the pukes when we drive through these winding mountain roads. Something I ate last night gave me the pukes.
See also: puke
v. Vulgar Slang
To eject some contents of the stomach by vomiting: I became sick on the carnival ride and puked up my dinner. The cat puked a hairball up.
1. in. to vomit. I thought I would puke when I smelled it.
2. n. vomit. Tod put a big hunk of fake plastic puke on the teacher’s desk.
3. n. a totally disgusting and obnoxious person. (Rude and derogatory.) What an ugly puke. Make him leave! Make him handsome!
1. n. a tavern. Carl spends almost every evening at the local puke hole.
2. n. a toilet. Bart tried to flush the dope down the puke hole, but the cops caught him.
3. n. a mouth. (Rude.) Shut your puke hole and listen to what I am telling you!
n. the feeling of nausea; the feeling of impending vomiting. (Especially with have, get.) Oh my God, I’ve got the pukes.
See also: puke