produce for(redirected from produce them for)
1. To make or create something for some person, group, company, etc. I've produced a number of art pieces for them over the years. We produced new website for the local library.
2. To make or create something for a particular purpose or occasion. They've asked me to produce a new play for the upcoming fringe festival. Our company produces safety equipment for companies all over Europe.
3. To present something to someone; to bring something out in order to give it to someone. He produced a rose for me on our very first date. Sarah produced a huge dossier for me less than an hour after I asked her for the report.
4. To present or bring out something for a particular purpose or thing. She reached into her bag and produced a brand new CPU for the motherboard. Halfway through the presentation, Bill produced printouts of the sales charts so everyone could follow along.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
produce something for something
1. to make something for some purpose. This production line produces brackets for the installation of the circuit boards in the next production line. We produce the seats for the trucks that they assemble on the other side of town.
2. to bring something out for some purpose. Lee quickly produced a penknife for cutting the string on the package. Ruth can always produce the right tool for the job.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.