procure (something) from (someone)(redirected from procures something from)
procure (something) from (someone)
To seek something out that someone else possesses or has access to and obtain it from them, especially when it requires a special effort to do so. I've been trying to procure tickets to the concert from my brother-in-law. Did you manage to procure that dossier from the president's assistant?
See also: procure
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- get (something) for (someone or something)
- sacrifice (someone or something) for (someone or something else)
- sacrifice for
- that's the price to/you pay (for something)
- consider (someone) armed and dangerous
- make a dead set at
- make a dead set at (someone or something)
- the jewel in (someone's or something's) crown