procure(redirected from procurable)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
procure (something) for
1. To seek something out and obtain it on behalf of someone else, especially when it requires a special effort to do so. I was wondering if you could procure a bit of weed for me and my friends. Did you manage to procure the dossier for me that I requested?
2. To seek something out and obtain it for some particular purpose. We need to procure some information about the region's mining history for a report we're writing. Because it has not been approved for medical use, procuring the experimental drug for the treatment of his seizures has always been an expensive and risky endeavor.
procure (something) from (someone)
To seek something out that someone else possesses or has access to and obtain it from them, especially when it requires a special effort to do so. I've been trying to procure tickets to the concert from my brother-in-law. Did you manage to procure that dossier from the president's assistant?
See also: procure
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
procure something (from someone or something) (for someone or something)
to get something from someone or something for someone or some purpose. I will procure a copy of the paper from Kelly for you. I have to procure a book for my sister.
- procure (something) for
- procure (something) from (someone)
- get (something) for (someone or something)
- sacrifice (someone or something) for (someone or something else)
- sacrifice for
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- make a dead set at
- make a dead set at (someone or something)
- bargain for (someone or something)