proclaim (something) from the housetops(redirected from proclaims from the housetops)
proclaim (something) from the housetops
To share some news or information publicly and with as many people as possible. I was ready to proclaim from the housetops that we'd be having a baby, but my wife wanted to wait for a while before we made the news public. I know you want to proclaim it from the housetops that you came in first in your class, but you should think about how it might make the other students feel.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
proclaim (or shout) something from the housetopsannounce something publicly.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- proclaim something from the housetops
- shout (something) from the housetop(s)
- shout, etc. something from the housetops/rooftops
- proclaim (something) from the rooftops
- proclaim (something) from the housetop(s)
- don't halloo till you are out of the woods
- don't whistle till you are out of the woods