Also found in: Dictionary.
print (something) out
1. To write something in all-capital block letters. Please print all your answers out in the boxes provided on the form. I made sure to print out the instructions because my normal handwriting can be hard to read.
2. To print something from a computer onto a sheet of paper using a computer printer. Could you print this form out for me? I need to have it filled in before my appointment tomorrow.
print something out
1. to write something out by using block letters. Please print it out. I can't read your handwriting. Print out your name, please.
2. to use a computer printer to print something. I will print a copy out and send it to you. Please print out another copy.
1. Write by drawing letters as opposed to cursive writing, as in Please print out your name above your signature.
2. Use a computer printer, as in This manuscript is too long to print out, so let's continue using floppy disks. [Second half of 1900s]
1. To produce something by printing or with a printer: The student printed out two copies of the document by hand. This printer prints out ten pages a minute.
2. To reproduce some image or document stored on a computer by printing it on paper or displaying it on a screen: She printed my files out for me. He printed out some pictures. You can set up this program so that it prints everything out in a single window.
3. To be reproduced with a printer or by display on a computer screen: After these documents print out, put them in an envelope and leave it on my desk. My documents have been printing out crooked—is something wrong with the printer?