prick (one's) conscience(redirected from prick one's conscience)
prick (one's) conscience
To cause one niggling feelings of guilt or remorse. It pricked my conscience to see my brother being led away in handcuffs, but I know it was the right thing to call the cops on him. Their promotional material is carefully crafted to prick the conscience of anyone who picks it up.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
prick your ˈconscience,
your ˈconscience pricks youmake you feel guilty about something; feel guilty about something: Her conscience pricked her as she lied to her sister.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- prick your conscience
- (one's) conscience is clear
- (one's) conscience is clean
- have a clear conscience
- clear conscience, to have a
- have a clean conscience
- have a clear conscience about (someone or something)
- have a clean conscience about (someone or something)
- a clean conscience makes a soft pillow
- a guilt trip