prevent from doing
prevent someone from doing something
to keep someone from doing something. You can't prevent me from doing it! We must try to prevent her from going back there.
See also: prevent
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- Are you doing anything (on a particular day)?
- drive (one) over the edge
- What does (someone) think (someone) is doing?
- What is (someone or something) doing (some place)?
- what is somebody/something doing...?
- teeter on the brink/edge of something
- teeter on the edge of (something)
- be on the edge of (something)