poverty is not a crime(redirected from poverty's not a crime)
poverty is not a crime
proverb A person should not be regarded as inferior or culpable simply because they are economically disadvantaged. A: "The legislation I am proposing would restrict homeless people to a specific block in the east side of the city." B: "Poverty is not a crime, Senator. These are people—you can't expect us to treat them like pests!"
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
Poverty is not a crime.and Poverty is no sin.
Prov. You should not condemn someone for being poor. Ellen: I wish there were a law to make all those poor people move out of our neighborhood. Jim: Poverty is not a crime, Ellen.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- teach a man to fish
- it takes a village
- a man is judged by the company he keeps
- a man is known by the company he keeps
- best-laid plans go astray, the
- the best-laid plans
- the best-laid plans go astray
- the best-laid plans of mice and men
- For want of a nail the shoe was lost; for want of a shoe the horse ...