poverty is no sin(redirected from poverty's no sin)
poverty is no sin
proverb A person should not be regarded as inferior or culpable simply because they are economically disadvantaged. A: "The legislation I am proposing would restrict homeless people to a specific block in the east side of the city." B: "Poverty is no sin, Senator. These are people—you can't expect us to treat them like pests!"
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- teach a man to fish
- it takes a village
- a man is judged by the company he keeps
- a man is known by the company he keeps
- best-laid plans go astray, the
- the best-laid plans
- the best-laid plans go astray
- the best-laid plans of mice and men
- For want of a nail the shoe was lost; for want of a shoe the horse ...