pour it on
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to pour it on: pour point
pour it on
To undertake some task or activity with great energy, enthusiasm, or intensity. Usually used in the continuous tense. The defending champions jumped out to an early lead, but the underdogs just kept pouring it on and eventually won the game.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
pour it onprogress or work quickly or with all your energy. North American informal
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
pour it onInformal
1. To move or perform an activity at maximum speed or intensity.
2. To speak or express oneself continuously or elaborately.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- go at (something)
- make a start on
- make a start on (something)
- move (the) deckchairs on the Titanic
- rearrange (the) deckchairs on the Titanic
- rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic
- shift (the) deckchairs on the Titanic
- have (something) to do
- you have to do what you have to do
- you('ve) got to do what you('ve) got to do