Also found in: Dictionary.
non compos poopoo
slang Extremely drunk. A faux Latinism probably modeled on the real Latin phrase "non compos mentis," meaning not sane or mentally competent. There's no way I'm letting you drive home when you're this non compos poopoo.
1. noun An outright dismissal of some argument as being unworthy of consideration or debate. My idea could save the company millions, but I'm still expecting a poo-poo from the board of directors because of how radical it is.
2. verb To dismiss something outright, without any due consideration or debate. Don't poo-poo her idea before she's had the chance to explain the ins and outs of it! He's always poo-pooing his assistant's ideas.
3. noun, slang A childish term for feces. Please don't touch that diaper, it's full of your sister's poo-poo!
4. verb, slang To defecate. Used especially by or when talking to young children. Our son came running in from the playroom to tell us he needed to poo-poo. Mommy, Daddy, I poo-pooed in my bed.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
non compos(ˈnɑn ˈkɑmpos)
1. mod. out of one’s mind; non compos mentis. She is strictly non compos!
2. and non compos poopoo mod. alcohol intoxicated. That gal isn’t just drunk. She’s non compos poopoo.
non compos poopooverb
See non compos
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
Crazy; mentally incapacitated and therefore unable to be responsible for one’s speech or actions. This term is an abbreviation of the Latin non compos mentis, literally translated as “not master of one’s mind,” or “not of sound mind.” It dates from the seventeenth century and today is loosely used for irrational behavior, as well as surviving in legal terminology.
The Dictionary of Clichés by Christine Ammer Copyright © 2013 by Christine Ammer