poke nose in
poke (one's) nose in(to) (something)
To involve or insert oneself in an intrusive or nosy manner into something that is not one's business or responsibility. I wish our neighbors would quit poking their noses in and just leave us alone! Don't poke your nose into your brother's affairs—he can manage well enough on his own.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
poke one's nose in (to something)and stick one's nose in (to something)
Fig. to interfere with something; to be nosy about something. I wish you'd stop poking your nose into my business. She was too upset for me to stick my nose in and ask what was wrong.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- poke (one's) nose in(to) (something)
- poke one's nose into
- poke your nose into
- poke your nose into something
- poke/stick your nose in/into something
- thrust (one's) nose in(to) (something)
- put (one's) nose (in) where it's not wanted
- put (one's) nose in(to) (something)
- put one’s nose in
- put one’s nose in where it’s not wanted