plop(redirected from plopped)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Related to plopped: plopped down
Cow feces. Watch out for cow flops when you're out by the barn.
Cow feces. Watch out for cow plops when you're out by the barn.
1. noun The sound of something falling into water without a splash. The mayonnaise flew off my spoon as she hit my elbow, and it fell onto the table with a great plop.
2. verb To strike against something and make such a sound as a result. A big wad of bird poo plopped right in the middle of the page I was reading.
3. verb To fall on or into something heavily of lifelessly. He came in from work and plopped down on the sofa without a word. The huge St. Bernard came over and plopped into its bed by the fireplace.
4. verb To drop, toss, or set someone or something heavily or clumsily (on or into something). I plopped Sally onto the table so the doctor could have a look at her. You can just plop those groceries into the back of the car.
cow flopand cow plop
n. a mass of cow dung. Mrs. Wilson is out in the pasture gathering cow flops for her garden. When walking out on the range land, we try to avoid “cow plops,” as the wranglers call them.
See cow flop
1. n. the sound of dropping something soft and bulky, such as a hunk of meat. When the roast fell on the floor, it made a nasty plop.
2. tv. to put or place something (somewhere). I don’t mind cooking a turkey. You only have to plop it in the oven and forget about it.
3. tv. to sit oneself down somewhere; to place one’s buttocks somewhere. (The it in the examples is the buttocks.) Come in, Fred. Just plop it anywhere you see a chair. This place is a mess.