Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to plate: My Plate
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
informal One's schedule of imminent or pressing matters. I'm sorry, I've got too much on my plate at the moment to help with your project. We had an extremely busy period just before the holidays, but our plate is pretty clear now.
See also: plate
informal In baseball, home base. The batter stepped up to the plate and looked the pitcher square in the eyes. The umpire stooped down and dusted off the plate.
See also: plate
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (one's) day on a plate
- (one's) head on a plate/platter
- (one's) plate
- a lot on (one's) plate
- blue plate special
- china plate
- clean (one's) plate (up)
- clean plate
- fashion plate
- full plate
- give (something) to (one) on a plate
- hand (one) (something) on a plate
- hand (something) to (someone) on a plate
- hand someone something on a plate
- hand something to somebody on a plate
- hand to on a silver platter
- have (an amount of) plates spinning
- have (one's) plate full
- have a lot on (one's) plate
- have a lot on one's plate
- have enough on (one's) plate
- have enough on your plate
- have enough, a lot, etc. on your plate
- have lots on (one's) plate
- have too much on (one's) plate
- have too much on plate
- keep (an amount of) plates spinning
- keep all the plates spinning
- lots on (one's) plate
- on (one's) plate
- on a plate
- on your plate
- plate, to have a lot/enough on one's
- plates of meat
- serve up on a plate
- silver plate(s)
- steal a base
- step up to the plate
- the plate