piss off(redirected from piss me off)
1. rude slang To greatly anger or irritate someone. I think I might start cycling to work in the morning—this traffic really pisses me off! I think I pissed off Janet with my comment earlier.
2. rude slang To depart from somewhere quickly or abruptly. Often used as an imperative. Why don't you just piss off if you're not going to help us? I didn't know anyone at the party, so I pissed off around 11.
Very disgruntled, angry, or outraged. John was so pissed off when he found out that someone else had been given the promotion instead of him. There's no point in getting pissed off over a bad grade on your exam. Just study harder next time!
piss someone off
Inf. to make someone angry. (Crude. Potentially offensive, even though it is widely used. Use with discretion.) She really pissed me off! That's enough to piss off anybody.
1. Make very angry, as in That letter pissed me off, or She was pissed off because no one had called her. [ Vulgar slang; 1940s]
2. Go away, as in Piss off and stop bothering me. [ Vulgar slang; mid-1900s]
pissed offannoyed; irritated.
v. Vulgar Slang
1. To make someone angry.
2. To go away. Often used as an angry command.
piss offand PO
in. to depart; to go away. (Objectionable to many people.) Piss off, you jerk! Get out!
piss someone off
tv. to make someone angry. (see also pissed (off).) She really pissed me off!
Furious, very irritated. This rude slangy expression dates from the mid-1900s and probably originated during World War II. Norman Mailer used it in his war novel, The Naked and the Dead (1948), “I bet you even look pissed off when you’re with your wife.”