piker(redirected from pikers)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to pikers: pikey
1. slang An extremely frugal or stingy person; a cheapskate or miser. I tried to convince her to spend a little bit more money and get some nicer wedding invitations, but she's such a piker that she just went for the cheapest ones she could find. Don't be a piker, Tom—leave them a little bit more for a tip!
2. slang A slothful, lazy, or indolent person; someone who avoids work or shirks their responsibilities. He was such a piker all his life that it's kind of strange seeing him apply himself so enthusiastically to his work now. The problem with this industry is that it attracts its fair share of pikers who just want a paycheck for as little actual work as possible.
3. slang Someone who is disinclined to participate in social activities with others. I keep inviting Brett to come out with us on the weekends, but he keeps being a piker and hanging back at home. You can't be a piker your whole time in university, or you'll miss out on half the reason for being here!
1. n. a miser; a cheapskate. (Also a term of address.) A 5 percent tip? You piker!
2. n. a lazy person; a shirker. Come on, you lazy piker. There’s plenty left for you to do.