pigheaded(redirected from pigheadedly)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Incredibly stubborn, narrow-minded, and often ignorant or foolish. He's a nice guy most of the time, but he can be really pigheaded when it comes to certain things. My last boss was so pigheaded, so it's nice to work for someone with a bit more common sense and common decency. I got held up at the airport dealing with some pigheaded immigrations officer who didn't seem to believe I was in the country legitimately.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
mod. stupidly stubborn. (From the notion that pigs are immovable and seemingly stubborn.) You are unbelievably pigheaded!
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- boiling mad
- see no further than the end of one’s nose
- nice play, Shakespeare
- Nice play, Shakespeare!
- left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing
- left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, the
- the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing
- the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing