pick up what (one) is putting down(redirected from pick up what she is putting down)
pick up what (one) is putting down
slang To understand what someone is saying, especially when something is insinuated, rather than stated directly. A: "I'm going to say that I'm busy on Sunday, and I think you should too." B: "I'm picking up what you're putting down—I don't want to go to this family reunion either!" If I see you around here again, there's going to be trouble. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- a busy bee
- (as) busy as popcorn on a skillet
- address (one's) comments to (someone or something)
- address comments or remarks to
- address (one's) remarks to (someone or something)
- (as) busy as a cat on a hot tin roof
- be (as) busy as a bee
- (as) busy as a one-armed paperhanger (with an itch)
- (as) busy as a bee
- as busy as a bee