Pungent or foul-smelling. There's some phunky smell coming from the back of the fridge. Ugh, when was the last time you cleaned your room? It's getting a bit phunky in here.
1. slang Unpleasant, especially of smells. Don't drink that milk, it smells funky. You smell kind of funky—have you showered?
2. slang Describing funk music or music that contains funk elements. Typically, such music is particularly rhythmic and features a prominent bassline. Ooh, that's a funky riff—I like it!
3. slang Quirky, different, or odd. I just love Lucy's funky fashion sense.
4. slang Charmingly modest or unsophisticated. This funky part of town suits Tim's personality well.
1. mod. strange; far out. I like your funky hat.
2. mod. basic and simple; earthy. I like to be around funky people.
3. mod. smelly; obnoxious. This place is really funky. Open some windows.
4. mod. unkempt. Your hair is sort of funky. Comb it.