persist with (something)

(redirected from persisted with)

persist with (something)

To continue with some pursuit or activity with steadfast or obstinate tenacity. The union persisted with its demands for better pay and benefits, threatening to extend the strike until they were met. I'm not sure why he persists with this career as a musician when he's clearly nowhere close to being successful.
See also: persist
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.

persist with something

to continue the state of something; to extend an action or state. Please do not persist with your demands that I agree to your terms. If you persist with this intrusion, I'm going to call the police.
See also: persist
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
See also:
References in periodicals archive ?
At 12 months, approximately three-quarters and nearly two-thirds of UC and CD patients, respectively, persisted with Entyvio treatment despite utilization in largely biologic-refractory patients.
In Ford and Taylor's (1982) description of the natural history of egg allergy, 44% of egg-allergic children were able to reintroduce egg products into their diet by school age, but the remaining 56% persisted with egg allergy.