Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

as per

In accordance with. Charlie stood me up tonight, as per usual. Please pay your rent on time, as per the terms of the lease.
See also: per

as per usual

As typically happens; as is usually the case. As per usual, my boyfriend didn't call me like he said he would. I'll be eating lunch outside on the picnic table, as per usual.
See also: per, usual

per capita

By, of, or for each person in a given population. The government spends more per capita on healthcare than any other country in the world. Though the nation is tiny, it has the highest per capita income in all of Europe.
See also: per

as per (something)

In accordance with something. As per the doctor's orders, I'm going to stay home and rest today.
See also: per

a/one hundred percent

Absolutely; completely; all the way. I'm one hundred percent certain this is the best course of action. I agree with their decision a hundred percent.
See also: hundred, one, percent

a head

Per person, as of the price of something. The dinner is $40 a head—can you two afford that?
See also: head

per head

Per person, as of the price of something. The dinner is $40 per head—can you two afford that?
See also: head, per

one per customer

A sales policy allowing only one of a particular product to be sold per customer. A: "I'd like to buy two of those laptops, please." B: "I'm sorry. Because of stock shortages, it is only one per customer for the time being."
See also: customer, one, per

*(big) head

a hangover. (*Typically: get ~; have ~; give someone ~.) Oh, man, that booze gave me a big head! Tom has a head this morning and won't be coming into work.

(a) head

 and per head
[for] a person; [for] an individual. How much do you charge per head for dinner? It costs four dollars a head.

a/per ˈhead

for each person: The meal shouldn’t cost more than $30 a head.
See also: head, per

a/one hundred per ˈcent

completely: I agree with you one hundred per cent.
See also: cent, hundred, one, per

as per something

following something that has been decided: The work was carried out as per instructions.
See also: per, something

as per ˈusual/ˈnormal

(spoken) in the usual or normal manner: ‘What time is the lesson?’ ‘Thursday at 3 o’clock, as per usual.’‘Is he in a bad mood this morning?’ ‘Yes, as per normal.’
See also: normal, per, usual


1. n. a headache. Music that loud gives me a head.
2. and a head n. a hangover. (Always with a in this sense.) How do you get rid of a head so you can go to work?
3. n. a toilet; a restroom. (Originally nautical. Usually with the.) Ralph is in the head. He’ll be back in a minute.
4. n. a member of the drug culture; a hippie or a person who drops out of mainstream society because of drug use. (From the 1960s and 1970s.) You still see a few heads around, even today.
5. n. a smart person; an intellectual person. I’m no head, but I am sure you made a mistake in your addition.

a head

See head
See also: head
References in periodicals archive ?
The average revenues per employee reported by firms engaged in combined deconstruction and reuse retail sales was $73,900, compared to $96,516 per firm for organizations engaged in reuse retail sales only.
While only 25 per cent say they attend religious services on a weekly basis across Canada, Mr.
Overall, average asking rents per square foot for ground floor space was highest on Fifth Avenue in Midtown.
between private and public financing has been virtually stable during that past few years, the balance varies greatly by category with 90 per cent of hospital and physician costs being funded by the public sector while more than 60 per cent of prescription and non-prescription drug costs being financed by the private sector.
8 per cent during the 1960s with prices increasing at an annual rate of only 2.
9 per cent Standard two-storey: $125,000, a decline of 10.
BIA said that scheduled flights accounted for 81 per cent of the total passenger traffic in January, while charter made up the remaining 19 per cent.
All provinces posted declines of 3 per cent or more in average income taxes paid by families with the largest declines occurring in British Columbia and Prince Edward Island, where average income taxes paid by families fell 13 per cent.
52 per kilogramme (kg) in Ramazan Bazaars while it can be sold at Rs.
9 per cent Shrewsbury and Atcham 17 per cent Wolverhampton 16.