penny pincher(redirected from penny pinching)
Also found in: Dictionary.
Related to penny pinching: penny pincher
Someone who is extremely frugal or miserly with their money; someone who is very unwilling or reluctant to spend. My ex-husband was such a penny pincher that, on the rare occasion we would go out to eat, he wouldn't even leave a tip! It was when I was completely broke in college that I became something of a penny pincher.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. someone who is very miserly; someone who objects to the expenditure of every penny. If you weren’t such a penny-pincher, you’d have some decent clothes.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)