peg (something) up(redirected from pegged it up)
peg (something) up
1. Literally, to hang, post, or erect something with, or as if with, one or more pegs. They pegged the photos up so that they could dry and finish developing. Thankfully we were able to peg up our tent just before the rain began to fall.
2. To raise the value, amount, rate, etc., of something, especially very quickly or suddenly. The price for wheat has been pegged up to a staggering $17.45 USD, the highest it has ever been in the history of the United States.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. To hang or post something up with or as if with a peg: I pegged the laundry up on the clothesline. The artist pegs up his canvasses to dry.
2. To raise some amount, rate, or value suddenly: The store had to peg up the price of milk.
3. To achieve something: The team pegged up their first win halfway through the season. This successful record has pegged up more than a million dollars in sales.
4. To play golf: She has the opportunity to peg up in a professional tournament.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.