peek out (from something)(redirected from peeked out)
peek out (from something)
1. To reveal one's eyes and peer out from under, beneath, or behind something. All I could see were two little eyes peeking out. The child peeked out from under the blanket, and then hid herself just as quickly when she caught me looking. It wasn't until I saw the cat peeking out from behind the sofa that I realized why my allergies were acting up.
2. To be revealed in a small spot when most of the person or thing remains concealed. They covered the mural up with thick black paint, but a few small streaks of color still peeked out. Though it was still hiding in the crate, I could see the animal's bushy tail poking out. A bit of sunshine peeked out from behind the clouds.
peek out(from behind someone or something)
1. to look outward from behind someone or something. A shy kitten peeked out from behind the sofa. I looked toward the back of the sofa just as a little cat face peeked out.
2. to show just a little bit with the rest concealed behind someone or something. A bit of yellow peeked out from behind the tree, so we knew Frank was hiding there. We saw a flash of Frank's yellow shirt peek out.
peek out(from underneath someone or something)
1. to look outward from beneath someone or something. A small furry face peeked out from underneath the sofa. At the base of the sofa, a cat peeked out.
2. to show just a little bit with the rest concealed under someone or something. Her petticoat peeked out from underneath her skirt. Her skirt was a tad too short and a little bit of her slip peeked out.