pay a compliment to (someone or something)(redirected from pays a compliment to her)
pay a compliment to (someone or something)
To give someone praise, especially for a specific accomplishment or trait. He paid a compliment to the chef for the delicious soufflé. Don't pay a compliment to your date unless you really mean it—no one likes empty praise.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- pay (someone or something) a compliment
- there was/is something about (someone or something)
- there's something about (someone or something)
- there's something about somebody/something
- inherit (something) from (someone)
- inherit from
- as (something) as they come
- as as they come
- as clever, stupid, etc. as they come
- How (something) can you be?