participate


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Wikipedia.
Related to participate: participle

participate in (something) (with one)

To join in some action, situation, or event (with one). They asked me if I would like to participate in the post-show discussion with the other actors. If you don't want to participate in any sports, then I'd like you to do something else that involves socializing with other kids.
See also: participate

participate (in something) (with someone or something)

to take part in something with someone or a group. I will not participate in this activity with you. They don't participate with our team in this contest.
References in periodicals archive ?
A nationally representative sample of men and women from across the four provinces was asked, "Have you ever had the chance to participate in a Quran lesson (dars)?" In response in 2019, 62% said that they had had the chance to participate in the Quran lesson, whereas 38% said that they had no chance to participate in the Quran lesson (dars).
Waseem Tariq, section officer from EAD also participate in this session and said that it will be unique experience for all the participants while studying Korean language and Culture.
He said that 167 players and 31 officials of the male squad would participate in 21 games.
A total number of 11 000 learners participated in the trials of the Zonal Competitions, 3 500 participated at the District Competitions and 900 participated at the district championships to qualify to participate in the Provincial Championships.
From Pakistan, the Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate PNS Alamgir (FFG8), shipborne antisubmarine helicopter Z9EC and a P3COrion aircraft, will participate in the exercises.
Results show that 83% of Egyptians intend to participate in the upcoming presidential elections, while 12% said they have no intention to participate and 6% are not certain yet.
"Therefore, the argument that disabled individuals with disabilities wanting to participate in sports have to look to organizations such as Special Olympics for opportunity is illegal.
In preparation for these conferences, students actively participate in setting their own learning goals, thereby shifting the responsibility for the student's academic performance to themselves.
Family members can participate in any of the three tracks and can have the rewards "deposited" in the employee's account.
The act simply provided for adequate notice of, and the ability to participate in, a proceeding in the Tax Court.
This will enable them to make appropriate decisions about in which scheme they should participate. Laboratories, therefore, need to develop a good working understanding of proficiency testing, what the objectives of proficiency testing are, and how the data from proficiency testing schemes should be evaluated and used.
6, the team will participate in the New York City Marathon.
Of the adults that were asked to participate in this study there was a 92 percent response rate.
This is only available to eligible real estate professionals who materially participate in a rental real estate activity.
Institutions that did not participate in the programs in 1999 receive a base guarantee of either $5,000 or 90 percent of the institution's campus-based aid allocation in the previous year, whichever is greater.