paint(redirected from paintable)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
slang In poker, a face card (a jack, queen, or king). Don't go putting up big bets just because you got a couple paint cards early on in the game. They could be totally useless if you're unlucky on the flop.
slang In basketball, the rectangular area directly beneath and in front of the basket, ending with the free-throw line. Officially known as the free throw lane. He's scored more points in the paint than any other NBA player this season. We've got to keep working the ball to the paint.
See also: paint
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a tattoo. (The same as ink sense 3) When dya get the new paint?
2. n. tattoos in general; the amount of tattooing on someone’s body. (The same as ink sense 4) He’s got paint covering his back!
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) close as two coats of paint
- (as) exciting as watching paint dry
- (as) smart as paint
- a (new) lick of paint
- a fresh lick of paint
- a lick of paint
- a picture paints a thousand words
- another coat of paint
- back/paint somebody/yourself into a corner
- be like painting the Forth Bridge
- be like watching paint dry
- close as two coats of paint
- Do I have to paint (you) a picture?
- Do I have to paint a picture?
- Do I have to paint you a picture?
- Do I have to spell it out?
- Do I need to paint (you) a picture?
- exciting as watching paint dry
- go out and paint the town red
- like watching paint dry
- not know (one) from a can of paint
- one picture paints a thousand words
- paint (one) black
- paint (oneself) into a corner
- paint (someone or something) with the same brush
- paint (something) onto (something)
- paint (something) with a broad brush
- paint a (some kind of) picture of (something)
- paint a black picture (of someone or something)
- paint a terrible, depressing, rosy, etc. picture
- paint black
- paint card
- paint in
- paint on
- paint oneself into a corner
- paint onto
- paint out
- paint over
- paint remover
- paint something with a broad brush
- paint the black
- paint the devil on the wall
- paint the Forth Bridge
- paint the lily
- paint the town
- paint the town (red)
- paint the town red
- paint the town red, to
- paint thinner
- paint yourself into a corner
- painted with the same brush
- spatter around
- spatter on (someone or something)
- the paint
- tonsil paint
- war paint
- watching paint dry