owe it to (someone or oneself) to (do something)(redirected from owe it to someone to do something)
owe it to (someone or oneself) to (do something)
To have an obligation or duty to do something for the sake of someone or oneself. We owe it to our parents to look after them as they get older. You need to stop worrying about work—you owe it to yourself to enjoy the weekends with your family.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open for (something)
- leave oneself wide open for
- for (one's) (own) sake
- for sake
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open to (something)
- leave open
- leave yourself wide open to something
- reproach (someone or something) with (something)
- reproach with
- keep in sight