be like an open book(redirected from one was like an open book)
be like an open book
1. To be easy to understand or decipher. He said these instructions were like an open book, but I can't make sense of them at all!
2. To exist, respond, or act honestly, with no secrets. You can ask me anything you want—I'm like an open book. You can always tell when Sarah is upset. She's like an open book.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
an open book, he/she is (like an)
Very obvious. See read someone like an open book.
The Dictionary of Clichés by Christine Ammer Copyright © 2013 by Christine Ammer
- an open book
- open book
- an open book, he/she is (like an)
- be an open book
- be another of life's great mysteries
- not able to make head nor tail (out) of (something)
- not able to make head or tail (out) of (something)
- not able to make head or tail of
- can't make heads nor tails of (someone or something)
- can't make anything out (of something)