toss (something) to the wind(s)(redirected from one tossed something to the winds)
toss (something) to the wind(s)
To abandon, discard, or disregard something, typically in a brash or reckless manner. After my father won a bit of money at the race tracks, he began tossing caution to the winds and gambling everything we had there. Lately it feels like the boss has been tossing good sense to the wind with some of his business decisions.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- throw (something) to the wind(s)
- throw to the winds, to
- (someone or something) be damned
- kick (someone or something) to the curb
- pitch (something) into (something)
- pitch into
- front off about something
- don't throw the baby out with the bath
- throw out the baby with the bath water
- throw the baby out with the bathwater