A situation that seems highly unlikely to happen again. Moving all the way to Zurich was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime situation to get the new office set up. Now they want to send me back there again to run the darn place. It feels like this is a once-in-a-lifetime situation where we actually have the chance to completely change the way the world works.
See also: situation
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- reality of the situation
- if I was/were in your place
- if I were in your place
- get down to the facts
- take (something) by the throat
- (it's) better to light a (single) candle than to curse the darkness
- better to light one (small/little) candle than to curse the darkness
- do the business
- be (not) out of the woods