on the point of doing
on the point of (doing something)
Ready or about to do something. I'm sorry I'm running late—I was on the point of getting in the shower when the doorbell rang. We have several products on the point of becoming global successes. We just need another strong marketing push.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
on the point of doing somethingand at the point of doing something
Fig. ready to start doing something. I was just on the point of going out the door. We were almost at the point of buying a new car.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- be on the point of (doing something)
- be on the point of doing something
- a run on (something)
- be at a disadvantage
- a rush on (something)
- at a disadvantage
- address comments or remarks to
- address (one's) comments to (someone or something)
- address (one's) remarks to (someone or something)
- be more than (something)