on (someone's) behalf(redirected from on my behalf)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
on (one's) behalf
For the benefit, interest, or support of someone; as an agent, representative, or in place of someone. Our lawyer will be telephoning the department tomorrow on our behalf to ensure our application goes through as planned. This decision is on your behalf, so don't act so ungrateful!
on (someone's) behalf
1. As the representative of someone else; in lieu of someone. The boss isn't here at the moment, but I'd be happy to sign for the package on her behalf.
2. In the interest or for the benefit of someone else. Children don't understand until they're older that everything their parents do is on their behalf.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- benefit of the doubt, to give/have the
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)